Community wardens are out between 7.30am and 10pm every day. They:
- can tackle low-level crime and antisocial behaviour (such as graffiti, littering, fly tipping and vandalism)
- can take names and addresses and control traffic
- are a reassuring uniformed presence
- are fully trained to the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme before starting their work
- encourage communities to work together and make things better for everyone
- work closely with Kent Police and other professional authorities
- talk with local people, offering information and advice
- take part in local community activities.
Community Wardens do not make arrests.
There are three Community Wardens based on Romney Marsh:
Dymchurch Jon Lodge 07969 58391507969 583915 email
Lydd Paul Croft 07969 58391707969 583917 email
New Romney Gareth Roberts 07773 39675107773 396751 email
Lydd Partnership The Lydd Partnership is a membership organisation consisting of private, public, community and voluntary representatives. The Partnership is responsible to its members for identifying, developing and delivering beneficial improvements to the Lydd Parish area, including Dungeness, Greatstone, Lydd town and Lydd-on-Sea. It works in partnership with other organisations from all sections of the community.
For more information the Partnership, please visit the Lydd Partnership website.
Romney Resource Centre
Romney Resource Centre is a registered charity and a community based "one stop shop" for information, advice and guidance, training and education resources for businesses and individuals within the Romney Marsh. Established in 1994 the Centre has developed to provide an impressive, broad and effective curriculum of educational and learning opportunities through ICT, NVQ and Skills for Life programmes. The Centre offers short courses and nationally recognised qualifications in all programme areas. Their community and business training activities enables us to support a range of participants aged 11 to 80 years at all levels of personal and professional development. find out more