Fleur De Lis By Michelle
Delicatessen and cafe specialising in using only organic and free range ingredients sourced locally, we provide everything from the usual and simple cookie to the sophisticated and time consuming French macaron. With seating for coffee, cakes and lunches.
This pub ceased trading on 31 October 2017. The Royal Oak, an Elizabethan building of 1570, was constructed adjacent to St Augustine's Church as a dwelling for the parish clerk and sexton. It remained as such until the I8th century when Jacob Ferriss was granted a licence "that he may suffer ale to be tippled in his house, but he may not suffer ale to be tippled during divine service". A lovely old Grade II Listed village inn offering home cooked food and 4 star accommodation. It's main bar has a woodburning stove with a fine inglenook and restaurant area. There are picnic-sets in the narrow garden beyond and quaint views of the ancient church and graveyard next door. Previously known as the Yew & Ewe.
This restaurant offers fish and chips, as well as other main meals and snacks - all freshly cooked and ready to be enjoyed with a side of sea air, or inside the attractive restaurant. Following an extensive renovation, this venue has got a smart new look and provides a bright, welcoming environment in which locals and tourists can enjoy a real traditional treat any day of the week.
City of London
Originally called 'The Seawall Tavern', this was a 16th Century inn. During a storm in 1775, a ship called City of London was blown ashore and collided with the inn, causing substantial damage. The ship's figurehead and timbers were used to repair the building, and the name was changed to reflect this. The pub remains a memorial to those who died in the 1775 storm, and it is well worth a visit, both for its historical interest and for its food and drink. The public house is mentioned in the Dr Syn novels.