Romney Marsh H4H
The Romney Marsh website theromneymarsh.net supports the Help for Heroes charity by raising funds on its behalf.
This is done in partnership with pubs and by helping organising events etc, on Romney Marsh.
Help for Heroes is a registered charity (Reg No. 1120920) which raises money to support members of the Armed Forces who have been wounded in the service of their country.
Monies Rasied to Date is £8,576.50 see below
The pubs are:
Bailiffs Sergeant in St Mary's Bay The Seahorse in Greatstone (now closed)
The Bell Inn in Ivychurch The Ship Hotel in New Romney
The Jolly Fisherman in Greatstone The Singleton Barn in Singleton
The Railway Hotel in Appledore (now closed) The Star Inn in St Mary in the Marsh
H4H raises funds and give grants to:
- Build capital projects like the £8.5m Rehabilitation Complex at Headley Court, the H4H wing at Combat Stress, the £1 million enhancement of facilities at Blind Veterans UK, Llandudno or the Recovery Centres at Tidworth , Catterick , Colchester and Plymouth.
- Help individuals. Where there is need, we provide immediate support to serving, veterans and their families through our Quick Reaction and our Individual Recovery Programme funds. As at August 2012, Help for Heroes has awarded £4.2m to these funds, helping 2,226 individuals.
- Support Battle Back. We are Founder Patrons and supporters of the MOD Adaptive Sport and Adventurous Training programme, Battle Back which enables our wounded to ‘feel the wind in the face and the sun on the back’. We also support veterans through our Battle Back Phoenix initiative at the Recovery Centres.
- Provide grants to other delivery charities. We give grants to other charities to allow them to deliver services and support.
- Stay in touch. Our Band of Brothers and Band of Sisters fellowships allow us to support the wounded, injured and sick and their nearest and dearest. Current membership (August 2012) of the Band of Brothers stands at 1360 and the Band of Sisters at 720 and these figures are growing daily.
Help for Heroes' 5 Key Messages . . .
- It's about 'the blokes': those men and women of our Armed Forces who have been wounded in the service of our country.
- H4H provides direct, practical support for our wounded. We fund projects and initiatives that make a real difference to the lives of our wounded heroes.
- We do not seek to criticise or be political. We just want to help and we work closely with the Army, Navy and RAF to provide support where it is most needed.
- 'Money in, money out'. We pride ourselves on our 'Money In and Money Out' policy that ensures that every penny you raise is spent or allocated to the direct, practical support of our men and women of the Armed Forces whose lives are affected in the line of duty.
- It's about doing your bit, no matter how big or small. Every fundraiser is special to us and can make a real difference, so please keep going!
Find out more on the Help for Heroes website.